Craven Cottage, at Oakdene Farm, Standedge, Saddleworth, OL3 5LU
Craven Cottage is within the fields of our family home Oakdene Farm, located at Standedge above Diggle in Saddleworth. The cottage looks across the valley of Deanhead, towards to Pots and Pans Memorial site.
The Cottage is accessed from the A62, through double gates, down a track to a private parking area.
Our area is famous for walking and bike riding, with the Cottage being ideally situated to enjoy the surroundings. We feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful area but with so much going on that the whole family can enjoy!
Cottage specific location…
- 2.7 miles from Uppermill Centre with restaurants, wine bars and cafes for all tastes!
- 1.4 miles from the nearest pub
- 0.9 miles from the Pennine Way
- 0.7 miles from the Roman Fort at Castleshaw
- 4.3 miles from the Village of Marsden – famous for Last of the Summer Wine and the Standedge Visitor Centre.
- 28 miles from Manchester (40 mins)
- 32 miles from Leeds (37 mins)
- 28 miles to Buxton (1 hour)
- 37 miles to Hathersage (1 hour) in the heart of the Peak District
- Nearest railway stations are Greenfield (3.4 miles) or Marsden (4 miles) on the Leeds to Manchester Trans Pennine line
- The Huddersfield to Manchester 184 bus goes past the end of the lane approximately every hour